Assistant Clerk of Court
The City of Norcross is looking to hire for the full time position of Assistant Clerk of Court.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the provision of court services. This is the highest “team leader” position in the Municipal Court.
The incumbent in this position will assist the Court Administrator with the daily operations of the municipal court. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: processing citations, arrest cases and payments. Incumbents are under limited supervision, perform the more complex and technical duties and have responsibility for leading, assigning, and directing work; provide input on performance appraisals, and provide input and recommendations for department policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payments; posts cash receipts to the court docket and computer.
- Processes fines and cash bonds then reconciles daily cash receipts as assigned via the court’s case management system and the City’s financial system.
- Prepares various court correspondence, including but not limited to: bench warrants, subpoenas, bind-overs, probation service papers, continuance forms and license suspensions, court session dockets and other proceedings as required.
- Ensures that all citations and accompanying paperwork are ready for court.
- Posts and remits to the state case dispositions to the court docket and computer.
- Provides information regarding court system policies, procedures, and fines to public; researches court dates and fine amounts as requested.
- Processes new citations and arrest cases and ensures accurateness of bond information: assesses bonds and fines, prepares case files, posts citation information, processes subpoenas, and oversees driver & criminal history dissemination logs.
- Researches prior years’ court cases pertaining to citations and all other court-related matters, including maintaining monthly statistical reports consistent with established court retention information.
- Responds and prepares certified dispositions and Open Record Requests as requested and required by law.
- Maintains general office files and all court records including, but not limited to: pending cases, probation cases, failure to appear cases, active and closed warrants, and closed cases.
- Upon adjudication, prepares all documentation necessary to close out assigned cases, including accurate reporting of dispositions to external agencies, and verification of the collection of all fines and fees, as well as required completion of pre-trial division cases.
- Maintains working relationship with Police Department.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree; Masters is preferred.
- A combination of work experience and education is acceptable.
- Required: Three to four years of municipal court experience.
- GCIC certification, or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license (Class C), with a satisfactory driving record, and be able to drive a City vehicle as needed.
Salary range: Starting @ $46,000 plus experiences; with full benefits
Submission: Norcross Application required and resume to HumanResources@norcrossga.net.
No phone calls, please. EOE/DFW