JOB TITLE: GIS Director
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for planning and organizing the overall administration of the Commission’s geographic information system (GIS) programs and functions and is responsible for the management and operation of the Commission’s GIS projects for the region.
o Develop and maintain GIS data and applications for governments in Heart of Georgia Altamaha Region.
o Create, update and maintain GIS databases for assigned member local governments; creates proposals for future GIS projects; writes contracts for new projects.
o Create, manage, and maintain website and associated pages to support and share information in relation to the projects, programs, and services of the organizations.
o Participate in continuing education programs and provide technical assistance upon request.
- Assists and collaborates with other commission departments as needed.
- Creates maps for various local government projects.
- Perform all contracted GIS, mapping, and metadata documentation for the Regional Commission’s work program.
- Perform duties of Regional LUCA Coordinator and otherwise coordinate with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs and Census Bureau to assure quality, accurate base maps of the Region and its member governments.
- Research additional ways the GIS system can benefit local governments and seek contracts to provide those services; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of geographic information system database management.
- Experience in the knowledge of GIS hardware and software applications.
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of ESRI’s product platform (Desktop, Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online “AGOL”, Portal, etc.) and other GIS platforms
- Knowledge of GIS hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of the commission’s mission, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of generally acceptable formats for various reports.
- Skill in operating a computer and standard office equipment.
- Skill in preparing and presenting various reports.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
- 3-5+ years of experience in the knowledge of GIS hardware and software applications
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance. Paid time off, Holiday Pay, Retirement Plan.
Pay: Coumarate with experience.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Brett Manning, HOGARC Executive Director, via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of candidates will begin on May 18, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
The Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission is an equal opportunity employer