The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
This position is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the Public Works Department.
• Establishes goals and objectives for the department.
• Prioritizes work schedules to ensure that City streets, paths, sidewalks, right of ways, parking lots, traffic signs, and assigned infrastructure are properly maintained.
• Evaluates multi-use paths to establish master repair and replacement schedules.
• Coordinates with the Engineering and Stormwater Departments for city-wide street maintenance, path design, and right of way maintenance.
• Recommends and implements improvements to City infrastructure according to industry best practices within the Public Works field.
• Responds to citizen, business, and/or other department inquiries concerning topics or assets related to the department.
• Directs the fleet maintenance staff in the repair and maintenance of the City's vehicle fleet.
• Plans, schedules, and assigns work to crews; assists work crews as needed; inspects work performed to ensure compliance with standards; and ensures work crews are properly equipped for each job.
• Attends meetings with other departments and City administration to plan, recommend, and/or discuss upcoming projects and policies as required.
• Develops budget and capital recommendations for the department and administers approved funds; approves departmental purchases.