Salary Range: $15.2000 To 23.5600 Hourly
This person in this position is responsible for assisting the Park Maintenance Worker II and III in the general maintenance and cleaning in an assigned city department or area. Duties include assisting in the routine and regular cleaning sanitizing, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming of floors and making minor equipment and facility repairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collects and disposes of trash and debris on City Park property;
- Mows grass, picks up leaves and assists with snow removal as season dictates;
- Sets out and weeds flower beds;
- Lifts, moves, and places heavy picnic tables, bleachers, and benches at various park locations;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintains athletic fields, tennis courts and basketball courts within the Parks Department.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of materials commonly used in construction, maintenance and repair activities as related to assigned areas;
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, standard cleaning methods and operation of equipment used in custodial work such as brooms, mops, dust mops, vacuums, scouring devices, and wax applicators;
- Ability to use simple hand tools;
- Ability to operate trucks and other maintenance equipment such as mowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, paint spray gun, hand tools, chalker for ball parks, hand and power saws;
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal job assignments and/or crew assignments;
- Ability to obtain a valid CDL license with proper endorsements as required or necessary;
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis;
- Ability to exert continuous physical effort including frequent bending, walking, manipulating and heavy lifting of equipment.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
The work requires heavy lifting, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, standing for a long period of time, talking, visual activity and walking for a long period of time.
The employee frequently lifts light objects and uses tools or equipment requiring dexterity.