The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
• Processes a variety of documentation associated with financial operations of an assigned function, within designated time frames and per established procedures.
• Performs customer service functions by telephone, by mail, or in person; provides information/assistance regarding City services, procedures, documentation, fees, or other issues; distributes, processes, and/or assists customers with completion of various forms/documentation; responds to routine questions/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
• Performs data entry functions by keying data into computer system; enters, retrieves, reviews, or modifies data in computer database; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections.
• Receives payments for various City fees/services, such as utility services, ambulance services, business license fees, alcohol license fees, property taxes, citations, false alarm fines, yard sale fees, special charges, or other fees/services; records transactions and issues receipts; posts payments into computer and to appropriate accounts; closes out and balances cash drawers; prepares bank deposits or forwards revenues as appropriate; prepares bank deposits of revenues from all City departments; conducts research associated with payments as needed; prepares various reports/records; makes bank deposit runs.
• Processes documentation pertaining to billing and customer account activities; opens/closes accounts and answers questions regarding customer accounts, charges/payments, due dates, or other information; updates information on accounts as needed; prepares and mails bills and late notices for various fees/services; receives payments on accounts; posts payments and adjustments to customer accounts; reconciles accounts and payments; processes final bills; generates various reports.
• Processes documentation pertaining to business licenses; provides information regarding business licenses, required documentation, and procedures; reviews completed business license applications; forwards routing sheets for approval; types approved business licenses and enters data into computer; balances computer reports to verify accuracy of data entry; notifies applicants of applicable license fees; receives payments from applicants and issues licenses; forwards revenues as appropriate.
• Processes documentation pertaining to property taxes; provides information regarding property taxes, exemptions, or related issues; receives payments; calculates finance charges; delivers fi-fa’s to court; prepares bills for mailing; processes changes in property ownership; processes homestead exemption applications.
• Processes documentation pertaining to citations; receives citations for processing; verifies citation dates and researches citation information in computer as needed; researches potential warrants associated with citations; refers to bond schedule to obtain citation fees; receives contempt letter from records department and attaches to citations; receives and posts payments for citations; mails receipts to customers; checks citations off list.
• Processes documentation pertaining to accounts payable; reviews invoices, court orders, or other payable documents for accuracy, completeness, and proper authorization; matches invoices with receiving tickets, purchase orders, and statements; assigns proper vendor numbers and budgetary codes to each expenditure; enters invoice data into computer to process payment; processes payments to county/state courts according to court orders; generates reports and balances payments; generates checks; researches discrepancies on invoices and works with vendor/department for problem resolution; sets up new vendor numbers as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality of departmental issues and documentation.
• Performs notarization of documents as needed.
• Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, typing documents, making copies, or sending/receiving faxes.
• Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.p >