The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for a Deputy City Clerk position.
Under general direction of the City Clerk, the Deputy City Clerk assists the City Clerk in carrying out responsibilities of the City Clerk’s office, including, but not limited to: assisting with preparation for Council meetings; preparing agendas and meeting minutes; recording actions in public meetings in accordance with State law and parliamentary procedures; responding to open records requests; assisting with elections; maintaining official City records and public documents; and, providing administrative support. Duties are performed independently under the general supervision of the City Clerk. In the absence of the City Clerk, the Deputy City Clerk exercises signatory authority normally granted to the City Clerk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides support for meetings of Mayor and City Council and other meetings.
• Coordinates and participates in the preparation of agendas and agenda packets for all Council meetings.
• Attends regular and special meetings of Mayor and Council.
• Attends regular and special called meetings of City agencies, authorities and committees.
• Prepares meeting summaries and minutes in accordance with State law.
• In the City Clerk’s absence, ensures adherence to established meeting procedures and rules.
• Assists the City Clerk in preparing and posting notices of public meetings and hearings and notifying the news media of scheduled meetings.
• Serves as Acting City Clerk as required.
• Serves as backup chief elections officer for the City in the absence of the City Clerk; duties involve maintaining the City's election records as required by State law; approving the City’s final voter’s list; and accepting candidates' qualifying forms for Mayor and Council offices.
• Assists the City Clerk in maintaining candidates’ and officials’ Campaign Contribution Disclosure Reports (CCDR) and Financial Disclosure Reports (FDR). Assists the City Clerk in reporting to the State regarding adherence to the CCDR and FDR reporting schedules.
• Receives and responds to requests for information from the Mayor and Council, Dunwoody citizens and the general public.
• Assists the City Clerk in controlling, inventorying, and monitoring all public records and archives of the City.
• Maintains the City's records management system.
• Assists with the preparation of contracts and agreements for signatures and ensures the City has a full executed copy on file.
• Assists with the development and administration of the department budget; processes documentation pertaining to purchasing and accounts payable; reviews invoices, purchase orders, or other documents for accuracy; researches discrepancies, assigns proper accounting/budgetary codes, obtains proper signatures, and forwards for payment; and maintains files and records.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the Mayor, City Council, City Manager and City Clerk including scheduling of meetings and appointments under general direction of the City Clerk.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
Attend seminars and workshops related to the Deputy City Clerk’s duties and responsibilities.
• Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Three years of progressively responsible experience in municipal government administration.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
• State of Georgia certification as a municipal clerk must be obtained within thirty-six (36) months of employment upon assuming the duties of this classification.
• Must be able to manage multiple items at the same time; prioritize tasks; and meet recurring and period time constraints; must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be bondable by a surety company.
• Certification as a notary public must be obtained within sixty (60) days of employment with the City.
• Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver's License (Class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Salary: $58,058 - $80,092
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Memberships
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.