Business Licensing Supervisor
NOVA Engineering’s Municipal Services group is seeking a Business Licensing Supervisor in the north Atlanta metropolitan area. The selected candidate will oversee the application process for business licenses (new businesses, alcohol permits, etc) and oversee the financial reporting for the business licensing department.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operation of Business License Renewals as well as Excise and Occupational Taxes (Alcohol, Hotel, Wholesale, and Professional).
- Track Business License revenue and diligently reconcile accounts to maintain high accuracy.
- Maintain and report department financials to the municipal finance department.
- Inter office expert for several revenue streams on the Revenue System Conversion, develop functional specifications for approved enhancements, document changes and updates to the system, and resolve technical problems.
- Monitor employee performance, provide regular performance feedback and complete mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Coach, train and delegate tasks to team members to meet specific department goals.
- Develop process improvements (Annual Business License Renewal) to increase efficiency and productivity and presented to management for approval.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a municipal setting with prior experience processing new business applications and alcohol permits (Preferred, but not required)
- Prior financial bookkeeping experience and/or accounting experience is required
- Excellent communication skills
To apply: Please visit https://www.usanova.com/careers/
NOVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. NOVA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.