Supports and maintains desktop computer equipment, software, and peripherals within industry standard guidelines and county and departmental policies and procedures. Reports to Client Support Services Manager or other designated person and works with directors, supervisors, elected officials, co-workers, vendors, consultants and other IT professionals to provide technical support activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports, maintains, installs, analyzes, repairs, monitors, and tests computer systems, peripherals, audio visual equipment and software.
- Maintains accurate inventory database on hardware, software, and user access.
- Assists in activities related to the annual technology refresh cycle to include researching, recommending, specifying, and scheduling PC, laptop, printer, and other peripheral replacements.
- Conducts end-user technology training.
- Assists and provides backup support to the Technology Acquisition Specialist.
- Researches new and emerging desktop, operating system, and office automation technology.
- Required to provide rotational Help Desk support.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Provides assistance in resolving information technology related problems.
Education: High school diploma or GED with Associate's Degree preferred in Computer Science, IT Systems or technology related field.
Experience: One (1) year experience in Help Desk/Desktop Support, Application/Systems Support, IT Support, or relevant technical experience such as analyzing requirements, resolving problems, end-user support, and installing hardware and software solutions.
- Must possess considerable knowledge of technology concepts, hardware configurations, software, and operating systems.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal legal requirements, as well as county and departmental policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with wiring, cabling, data circuits, communications electronics, network management, and data communications protocols.
- Proficiency in acquiring and maintaining skill sets on new and evolving desktop, printer, software, and communication technologies.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have flexible schedule to perform 24-hour on call duty.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and be able to multi-task simultaneous activities, projects, and tasks.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills for desktop hardware and software and have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in acquiring and maintaining skill sets on new and evolving desktop, printer, software and communication technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team or independently.
Licensing: Possession of a valid driver's license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment.
This position does require staff call up in an emergency situation.
This position does require travel to other locations more than 50% of the time.