The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Reporting to the Transit Director, this position is responsible for driving a vehicle in the transportation of clients.
Filled Submit resume to Bartow County HR via email to email@example.com or via mail to Bartow County Human Resources, 135 West Cherokee Avenue, St. 256, Cartersville, Ga. 30120
• Operates a van to transport clients to and from appointments and special events. • Assists clients in embarking and disembarking from van; operates a powered lift. • Collects fares from clients. • Balances cash receipts. • Performs pre-trip vehicle safety inspections. • Fuels and cleans vehicle. • Maintains vehicle maintenance and mileage records. • Completes regular reports. • Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of program guidelines and procedures. • Knowledge of vehicle operation procedures. • Knowledge of delivery routes. • Skill in the operation of an assigned vehicle. • Skill in reading maps. • Skill in oral and written communication.
The Transit Director or Assistant Transit Director assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results. GUIDELINES Guidelines include department policies and procedures and traffic laws. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related vehicle operation duties. Inclement weather and heavy traffic contributes to the complexity of the position. • The purpose of this position is to drive a transit vehicle to transport clients to and from appointments and special events. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, clients, clients’ family members, and members of the general public. • Contacts are typically to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects. • The work is typically performed in a vehicle and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent. • Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. • Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.p >