The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Reporting to the Parks & Recreation Director this position is responsible for the maintenance of parks facilities and grounds.
Salary: $12.46/Hourly Posting:
Submit resume to Bartow County HR via email to email@example.com or via mail to Bartow County Human Resources, 135 West Cherokee Avenue, St. 256, Cartersville, Ga. 30120
• Removes trash from buildings and grounds. • Cleans restrooms, including cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, replacing soap and paper products, and emptying trash cans. • Cleans gyms and other facilities. • Sweeps dugouts and storage areas, batting cages and picnic shelters. • Cleans and covers graffiti. • Raises and lowers basketball goals. • Operates lawn mowers and weedeaters. • Prunes hedges. • Paints interior and exterior surfaces. • Performs such duties as resurfacing the gymnasium floor, lining ball fields, repairing playground equipment, setting up nets for a variety of sports, and painting parking spaces. • Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of building maintenance methods and practices. • Knowledge of departmental and safety rules and regulations. • Knowledge of various cleaning chemicals. • Skill in operating a tractor, push mower, and weed-eater. • Skill in the custodial maintenance of buildings. • Skill in operating specialized cleaning equipment such as a buffer, carpet shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, and various hand tools.
The supervisor assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results. GUIDELINES Guidelines include departmental and safety policies and procedures, material safety data sheets, standard maintenance practices, and supervisory instructions. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related duties in cleaning and maintaining buildings and grounds. Inclement weather conditions contribute to the complexity of the work. • The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance and custodial duties. Successful performance helps ensure a safe and comfortable environment for department activities.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, program participants, and the general public. • Contacts are typically to exchange information and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee must lift light and heavy objects, climb ladders, use tools and equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguish between shades of color. • The work is performed both indoors and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, contagious or infectious diseases, irritating chemicals, and machinery with moving parts. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent. • Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.p >