The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Starting Salary: $19.98/hr.
· Constructs, repairs and maintains underground and overhead electrical distribution lines.
· Constructs, repairs and maintains underground and overhead Telecommunication System.
· Trims trees around energized electrical power lines.
· Installs poles, anchors, guys, wood arms, fiberglass arms and insulators.
· Troubleshoots problems; locates short circuits, grounds and other sources of power failure; makes repairs.
· Drives and operates a bucket and digger derrick truck to install transformers, poles, and guy rods.
· Operates trenchers, jack hammers, air compressors, hand tools, grounding cables, climbing gear, blocks, ropes, metering devices, and other specialized equipment.
· Reads and interprets electrical schematics of systems and diagrams, maps and blueprints.
· Responds to after-hours emergencies.
· Works on energized electrical power lines in a variety of weather conditions.
· Works at heights greater than ten feet to install equipment or connectors; climbs poles and ladders.
· Excavates and installs underground utilities; utilizes equipment to locate underground faults and utilities.
· Repairs and maintains streetlights.
· Turns customer services on and off as directed.
· Installs holiday and other special decorations.