The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Starting Salary: $16.37—Certified
· Responds to any and all calls for service relayed by dispatcher, and or any assistance requested by any citizen or transient of our city to include: domestic disputes, burglaries, robberies, fights, suspicious characters, traffic investigations, etc.
· Patrols assigned geographical areas of the city in order to monitor businesses, residences and public areas.
· Writes reports and completes forms, including incident and accident reports.
· Apprehends and cites traffic law violators; directs traffic in congested areas as needed.
· Provides first aid and CPR as needed.
· Testifies in judicial proceedings when necessary.
· Assists other departmental units and other law enforcement agencies as requested.
· Secures and preserves the scenes of crimes and fatal traffic accidents until appropriate support units arrive and assists with investigation.
· Performs public service duties, such as assisting lost and stranded motorists, entering locked cars, providing transportation to citizens in need, etc.
· Arrests and takes prisoners into custody; processes persons arrested.
· Inspects weapons and patrol car; monitors patrol car maintenance.
· Completes required training.
· Assists with security and traffic control at special events.
· Performs related duties.
The City of Sandersville offers a wide variety of benefits including:
→ Individual & Family Health and dental Insurance plans → Insurance Buy Out Program
→ Deferred Compensation Plan with City match → 11 Paid Holidays per year
→ City funded Pension Retirement plan, required 5 yrs vested service → $25,000 Life Ins policy; double accidental
→ Vacation days are provided to as follows; after 6 months of service 43 hours; after one years of service 86 hours;
then increases at 5, 10, and over 15yrs.
→ Take home car for officer living inside Washington County or within 15 miles of City Hall
→ Supplemental insurance policies available → Sick Leave at 8.6hrs/month → Uniforms
If interested, please apply online at www.sandersville.net