The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Part-time Assistant Municipal Court Clerk
Hourly Rate: $15.23/hr
· Answer court telephone calls and provide respectful and courteous assistance to the general public, attorneys, and internal customers regarding Court dates and scheduled times, fines, pleas and other information as requested via phone, voicemail, fax, e-mail or in person, responding within 24-48 hours.
· Enter citations and police officer information into the Court’s case management system as needed making proper notes within each case as needed.
· Efficiently retrieve and maintain citations, reports and any accompanying paperwork manually or via electronic import into the Court’s case management system.
· Efficiently maintain all Court records including but not limited to pending cases, probation cases, failure to appear cases, active and closed warrants, and closed cases.
· Process incoming and outgoing mail, Court emails, faxed documents, and attorney filings and requests and distributing to the appropriate Court employee.
· Efficiently assist the Court Clerk with scanning and indexing citations, reports, orders, attorney filings, and all other Court related documents into the Court’s case management system to preserve the life of the file in a timely and organized manner.
· Assist with the retrieval and filing of new and closed citations/case files in future pending Court dates, probation, failure to appear, closed warrants in case filing systems.
· Respond to and prepare certified dispositions.
· Assist with the monthly probation case payments and closure process.
· Research information pertaining to citations and other Court related matters as requested.
· Provide responsive and timely feedback on status and progress of work duties and responsibilities.
· Serve as the Court Liaison during Court sessions, assisting the Court Clerk and Police Department during each Court session by checking in defendants, pulling, and delivering files as needed.
· Assist with preparation of incident reports and citations for the City Solicitor and Judge.
· Assist with maintaining and printing court calendar for scheduling of criminal cases for hearings and trials; verifies offenses, officers, and fines.
· Obtain drivers and criminal histories and transmit judicial data with sentence information and input adjudicated court information into GCIC system.
· Must maintain confidentiality of information consistent with applicable federal, state, and local rules.
· Maintain the relevant training and certifications as required by the position.
· As necessary, assist co-workers to aid in better service to the public and preservation of Court records.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply online at www.sandersvillega.org All applications must be received by August 8, 2022 at 5:00PM