The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Under the direction of the Economic Development Manager, this role primarily provides outreach and support to Marietta’s existing commercial, office, and industrial businesses. Other responsibilities include conducting statistical and programmatic research, fulfilling requests for information, assisting in site selection requests, and performing special projects under the division’s strategic plan.
• Develops and implements a strategy for the city’s business retention efforts. This function includes, but is not limited to the following actions:
o In coordination with the Economic Development Manager, formulates a systematic process for engaging with Marietta’s business owners, developers, property owners and real estate brokers. This includes developing innovative methods of engagement.
o Interfaces with local businesses, by gathering firm information, understanding their challenges and concerns, helping develop solutions and connecting them to available resources.
o Records, organizes, tracks and reports collected data to continually update business retention activities.
• Assists with efforts to recruit new businesses by providing a range of functions including site selection and data.
• Provides research, analysis, statistical summaries, and reports concerning the City’s economic and industry makeup. This should include tracking development both residential and commercial, market trends, workforce, and demographic information, etc.
• Maintains a knowledge and understanding of economic development programs and tools with the ability to bring this knowledge to bear with businesses and departmental colleagues.
• Produces and contributes to external communications, website content, marketing materials, and other products that communicate the activities of the division to existing and prospective businesses/developers, other city staff, elected officials and the general public.
• Serves as a liaison to state and local partners including, but not limited to, other economic development agencies, workforce and educational institutions, business associations, and Georgia Economic Development.
• Represents the division at various community meetings and functions.
• Attends committee and council meetings, Economic Development-related training seminars, etc. as necessary.
• Serves as an ombudsman by assisting businesses, property owners and developers with the development review process and coordinating with other city departments to contribute to efficiency and transparency.
• Identifies redevelopment opportunities and participates in the small area planning processes.
• Develops presentations concerning the activity of the division and the Marietta economy.
• Work with Economic Development team and BLW on efforts to recruit utility customers.
• Conducts special projects on behalf of the department and city.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Provides direction or assistance to temporary interns as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications -
Successful candidates are required to submit to drug screen & background inquiry.p >