CITY OF DACULA, GEORGIA
The City Administrator shall be the chief administrative officer of the City of Dacula, and shall be responsible to the Mayor and Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City. To that end, the City Administrator for Dacula will be responsible for oversight of the following job duties:
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies, and associations, City department heads, staff and the public.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget annually with a 5-year CIP, submit it to the Mayor and Council together with a message describing the important features, and be responsible for its administration after adoption.
- Prepare and submit to the Mayor and Council at the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City.
- Keep the Mayor and Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may be deemed desirable.
- Make recommendations to the governing body on standard schedules of pay for each office and position in the City.
- Recommend to the governing body adoption of such measures as may be deemed necessary or expedient for the health, safety, or welfare of the community or for the improvement of administrative services.
- Perform all duties assigned to the City Administrator under the City’s Code of Ordinances.
- Provide weekly written updates to the Mayor on current City issues.
- Attend all meetings of the City Council unless excused therefrom and take part in the discussion of all matters coming before Council, when requested.
- Supervise the purchase of all materials, supplies, and equipment for which funds are provided in the budget pursuant to the purchasing ordinance, City Code.
- Execute all contracts, deeds, or bonds of the City, duly authorized by the Mayor and Council, and permitted by the City Charter or by state law.
- Supervise the execution of all contracts for work for the City and advise the Council on the progress of such work.
- Ensure that all laws and ordinances are duly enforced and carried out.
- Investigate the affairs of the City or any department or division thereof. Investigate all complaints in relation to matters concerning the administration of the government of the City.
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the Mayor and Council, not inconsistent with the City Charter, law, or ordinances.
Salary for this position based on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates may submit their information by email, fax or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, (770) 513-2187 or Dacula City Hall, P.O. Box 400, Dacula, Georgia 30019. Candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. All applicants will be advised of the status of the recruitment following the final selection of the City Administrator.
Submissions will be accepted until the end of business on Friday, October 28, 2022.
The City of Dacula is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, taking affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.