The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Bartow County Government
Reporting to the Senior Services Director this position is responsible for coordinating transportation services in support of senior services program.
Salary: $14.64 /Hourly
Posting Dates: Until Filled
Submit resume to Bartow County Human Resources Department, 135 West Cherokee Ave. St. 256 Cartersville, Georgia 30120 or email resume to email@example.com
• Operates a passenger van or bus to transport clients and personnel.
• Fuels van if needed.
• Coordinates transportation for out-of-town trips.
• Assists seniors in boarding and de-boarding from vehicle.
• Cleans van or bus after each trip.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of traffic laws and the principles of the safe operation of a passenger van.
• Knowledge of county and departmental policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of a passenger van or bus.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working with the public.
The Director of Senior Services assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include traffic laws, Bartow County Senior Center policies and procedures, and other county and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of transportation duties. Inclement weather and heavy traffic contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate transportation services for senior clients. Successful performance provides for the safe and efficient transportation of clients.
CONTACTS • Contacts are typically with co-workers, clients, other county employees, representatives of other organizations, vendors, and members of the general public. • Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, motivate persons, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping, The employee occasionally lifts light objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office, a vehicle, and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of State of Georgia CDL license with passenger endorsement requiredp >