Applicants must currently reside in Georgia as this position will be performed in a telecommuting work environment within the state of Georgia. The employee’s telecommuting work site location will contain a designated and approved work space at the employee’s home address.
Interested parties are asked to submit resume to HR@ACCG.org.
General Definition of Work
Performs skilled technical work managing and resolving assigned lost time and complex medical only claims on behalf of the Association's insurance programs to ensure prompt determination of compensability, payment of entitled benefits, litigation management and effective claim resolution, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the supervision of the Claims Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports the Association through the support of division or program staff and interaction with local governments and authorities; exhibits knowledge and general understanding of the programs and services offered by the Association, and provides outstanding customer support that reflects well on the entire Association.
- Initiates initial investigation for newly assigned insurance claims; confirms coverage of claim, contacts member, member representative, non-represented claimants, claimant’s attorney and/or injured employees to obtain/provide information.
- Initiates compensability and/or liability determination through completion of statements, recorded statements, on-site investigations.
- Sets initial reserves for claims; performs proper and timely reserve evaluations and adjustments; reviews and approves bills for processing; reviews medical/rehabilitation notes; reviews and signs off daily check sheet; prepares and submits reports to excess carriers when loss is greater than one-half retention level.
- Establishes and maintains proper claim diary requirements of existing caseloads with documentation of action plans; ensures action plans are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for information from members, injured employees, vendors, case managers, legal representatives and medical providers.
- Completes Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transmissions, state board filings and completes Centers for Medicare Services (CMS) requirements.
- Utilizes cost control measures regarding claims management when applicable including One Call Medical, Align, Telephonic Case Manager (TCM), Field Case Manager (FCM) and Surveillance; works at eliminating the payment of fines and penalties due to late and/or form filings.
- Occasional overnight travel required – less than 20 days per year – i.e. travel to mediations, hearings, depositions, account/member visits, and seminars.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic, standard office practices, procedures, equipment and administrative support techniques;
- Thorough knowledge of the workers' compensation system requirements and medical only claim administration;
- General knowledge of the laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations and agency rules regulating the workers compensation insurance industries; ability to make arithmetical calculations; ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including personal computer and associated software;
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively in both oral and written formats; ability to type accurately at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to read and understand detailed and complicated policies, procedures and materials that contain specialized words and phrases;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, claimants, attorneys, Nurse Case Managers, physicians, local government officials, customers and the general public.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in business administration, insurance, or related field and
- Moderate (1 – 3 years) of related experience in workers' compensation claim administration, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force;
- Work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and reaching with hands and arms and occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions;
- Work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels;
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities;
- Requires light physical effort working almost exclusively with light weight materials (up to 25 pounds) or short periods in difficult work positions.
- Working conditions with absence of disagreeable conditions and little or no accident or health hazards; considerable mental effort and stress involved which could result in tension or anxiety.
- Employee is required to have and maintain a high-speed, broadband internet connection at their work site that is sufficient to enable fast, consistent service to the membership. A minimum download speed of 25 Mbps is required. To ensure a consistent speed at this level, a 40MB internet connection is recommended. You may check your download speed at www.speedtest.net.
- Possession of or ability to acquire a Georgia Independent Adjusters License issued through the State of Georgia Insurance Department within one year of employment.
- Valid driver's license in the State of Georgia.
Interested parties are asked to submit resume to HR@ACCG.org.