This position is responsible for assisting with the City of Acworth’s overall marketing, public relations, and social media strategies.
Essential Job Duties
- Writes and coordinates the publication and distribution of marketing and promotional materials, including articles and advertisements, press releases, brochures, fliers, etc.: consults with various city departments regarding program goals and to gather information; creates artwork, design and layout of materials; edits drafts and approves final designs; and posts and submits materials to city website and social media outlets.
- Works closely with the Director of Downtown Development, Tourism & Historic Preservation to create and distributes media alerts as requested.
- Designs graphics and web pages for assigned departments; assesses department needs and consistency of the web pages; defines and designs color schemes, fonts, graphics, and other content; updates information and technology as needed; creates original artwork such as graphics, logos, maps, forms, etc.; utilizes a variety of graphic design software and systems; and provides technical support and makes recommendations regarding graphic and web applications and technology.
- Develops quality videos for promotion of city programs, events, and related public information efforts.
- Works closely with the city’s marketing company to ensure that Acworth’s design elements are integrated into all collateral/digital outlets and consistently updated.
- Assists with coordinating special events and activities; creates and implements communications plan for events; designs, produces and publishes publicity materials and articles.
- Coordinates website content and social media messaging across all City related platforms.
- Gathers and verifies information for City’s publications, e-newsletters, forms, website, flyers, and other related written and printed materials.
- Research promotional products (branded marketing giveaways), maintains an inventory of products on hand, monitors the budget and procures new items as required.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with a variety of external organizations, including non-profits, community groups, etc.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with a variety of internal customers and coordinates regular communication with city departments to assist in providing consistent internal and external communications.
- Leads the city’s effort to remain current and cutting edge on social media platforms.
- Assists the Director of Downtown Development, Tourism and HPC with monthly and quarterly board meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge required by the position
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations principles.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and WordPress.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and current trends.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of budget management principles.
- Skill in planning.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Director of Downtown Development, Tourism & Historic Preservation assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
Complexity/scope of work
- The work consists of varied marketing and communication duties. The variety of tasks to be performed contributes to the complexity of the work.
- The purpose of this position is to coordinate assigned marketing and communications responsibilities. Successful performance in this position contributes to the efficient and effective delivery of communication to the public and coworkers.
- Contacts are typically with coworkers, other city personnel, volunteers, community leaders, vendors, and the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
Physical demands/work environment
- The work is typically performed while sitting or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects, utilizes tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically performed in an office and occasionally outdoors.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field; or any equivalent combination, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *