The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Department: RECREATION CENTER
Job Status: Not Specified
Rate of Pay: $35,360.00 - $44,608.00
The purpose of this classification is to promote recreation programs/activities, including sports/athletics, programs, recreation/leisure services, program registration, facility rentals, customer service, or other activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Prepares membership cards; issues cards to resident/non-resident customers; updates membership files as needed.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; explains policies and procedures to individuals using facilities or participating in programs; handles situations involving excessive noise, disruptive behavior, or other problems; ensures adherence to established safety procedures; monitors work environment and use of safety equipment to ensure safety of employees, program participants, and other individuals; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
· Performs customer service functions by telephone or in person; provides information and assistance related to recreational facilities, programs, activities, special events, procedures, forms, fees, or other issues; responds to routine questions, complaints, or requests for service; research problems and initiates problem resolution.
· Conducts registration for events/activities and collects appropriate fees.
· Process reservations for rental/use of recreation facilities; collects rental fees; processes documentation for setup of buildings/facilities.
· Promotes programs/activities to the public.
· Compiles data pertaining to recreational/athletic programs, attendance/participation levels, facility reservations, special events, revenues, or other data.
· Receives moneys in payment of program/activity registration fees, facility rental fees, or other fees/services; issues receipts; balances receipts and forwards revenues as appropriate.
· Operates a variety of equipment and tools associated with department programs and work activities, which may include, a camera, credit card system, general office equipment.
· Communicates with supervisor, employees, volunteers, sports officials, coaches, program instructors, other departments, program participants, parents, vendors/suppliers, the public, the media, community organizations, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems, or give/receive advice/direction
· Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail.
· Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The work is medium which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
· Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound.
· Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
· Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
· Visual Acuity: Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
Work may be performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, traffic hazards, bright/dim light, or rude/irate customers.p >