The City of Norcross is looking for a full-time Administrative Services Customer Service Associate I. The purpose of this position is to accept and apply various payments and fees to the appropriate accounts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to cashiering, assisting in the collection of utility bills, property tax, and occupational tax license payments, and providing general clerical support to the Administrative Services department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries by telephone, in person, and internet.
- Receives and processes utility account payments.
- Collects and processes payments for property taxes, occupational tax licenses, and permits.
- Collects enter into the system and assist with payment files from the night deposit box.
- Processes and maintain records of city checks returned via mail.
- Greets the public, answers the telephone, provides general information, receives, and delivers messages.
- Distributes incoming mail, and meters outgoing mail.
- Provides clerical support to the Administrative Services department.
- Accepts applications and enters work orders to initiate and terminate utility and solid waste customers.
- Enters miscellaneous work orders for such actions as address changes and senior citizen discounts.
- Audits entries for completeness and accuracy.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
- One to two years of related customer service experience in a client-facing position. A combination of work experience and education is acceptable.
- Related training/experience preferred.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be a team player and willing to learn and perform other functions as requested. Any other duties as assigned by management.
Scope and Impact:
The position has recurring work situations that involve having a degree of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted policies and routine is high. Errors in judgment will waste resources and adversely impact performance. Work priorities are determined by the direct manager.
Frequently in contact with supervisors, other members of the Administrative Services team, co-workers and external customers. The nature of this interaction is generally to provide or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in a courteous, tactful, and fair manner under all conditions.
- Ability to work well with others in a positive team environment.
- Strong communication skills; includes success in written communication, interpersonal communication, group communication, phone skills, and electronic communication.
- Ability to display professionalism at all times
- Excellent time management skills to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving is necessary.
- Knowledge of personal computers and MS Office software (Word and Excel).
- Ability to handle difficult situations in an effective, safe, timely, and legal manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with the citizens of the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear clearly.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary $33,8384 (minimum) up to $43,399 (midpoint) based upon qualifications/experience
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org please verify receipt.
EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please