The City's Technology Services Department is an internal support department of the City that performs a high level of customer service. Under general direction, this position performs a variety of routine to technical tasks related to installation, repair, and maintenance of City computers, networking equipment, printers, scanners, surveillance/security cameras, and other electronic equipment, end user support, license tracking, upgrades and configurations. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting, answering employees' technical questions, and providing general technical support in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Follows and promotes policy and procedures of the City of Winder.
- Handles confidential files, information, and materials.
- Informs and advises the department supervisor on all department issues affecting the City; provides advice, support, and information to other City employees.
- Ensures security and privacy of networks and computer systems, and notifies a supervisor immediately of any security threats, issues, or concerns.
- Contacts customers and schedules work; obtains further documentation to supplement initial work.
- Installs software, to include new or upgrades to City computers, tablets, printers and peripherals, and other devices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of desktop hardware (PC, laptop) and software (MS operating and applications); familiar with local area networks (LAN) and remote access troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of principles and operations of management information systems and peripheral equipment (computers, networks, phones, internet, software and hardware applications, cabling printers, routers, data, etc.).
- Knowledge of the general installation and maintenance of voice communications equipment and services.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications use, configuration, installation, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electronic and communications systems, including telephone, voice mail, fax, and related microcomputer systems.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, computer support, networking or a related field. Certificate computer programs will be considered in conjunction with experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in a technology related position.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, software, and printer related issues.
- Experience installing software, patches, and updates on desktops and laptops.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network issues.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- A citizen of the United States or has obtained legal work status.
- Must pass a detailed background investigation.
- Work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to pass a credit check.
ADDENDUM FOR THE Technology Services Technician JOB APPLICATION:
To be considered for the Technology Services Technician open position, you must complete the following below:
- Complete the Online Job Application
- Upload your Resume to your online job application (The position is open until filled).