The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Baldwin is now accepting applications for Police Offficer
Must be POST Certified
Application process will include an extensive background check, oral interview, Physical Fitness test, Voice Stress Analysis Test, psycological exam, driver and criminal history check, and drug test.
JOB DECRIPTION / WORKING CONDITIONS
Under the general direction of the Sergeant, this position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and the protection of life and property.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES (Duties are illustrative and not all inclusive)
1. Proactively patrols the City of Baldwin to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
2. Employs specialized patrolling techniques to identify, target and arrest known offenders.
3. Conducts follow up investigations on misdemeanor offenses to solve the crime, advise victims on crime prevention and initiate problem solving measures.
4. Gathers and reports intelligence related information. Uses intelligence information to make arrests and advise other units and agencies of criminal activity.
5. Compiles files on known offenders. Serves criminal trespass notices to offenders.
6. Responds to calls relayed by the communications officer, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
7. Conducts preliminary inquiries into misdemeanors and field interviews, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing the crime scene.
8. Provides assistance and backup support to other officers and agencies as necessary.
9. May perform desk officer duties including: answering telephone and directing calls as necessary; monitoring police radio traffic; entering data in the department records management system; monitors, enters, and retrieves data from GCIC/NCIC; and, receives money for bond and fine payments.
10. Testifies in judicial proceedings.
11. Completes all required reports and forms, including accident and incident reports.
12. Inspects and maintains patrol car and duty equipment.
13. Serves Recorders Court bench warrants and State Court warrants.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
15. Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, ball games, and school crossings.
Sworn Personnel in the Baldwin Police Department must perform their duties under varied and frequently demanding conditions:
1. Working inside and out of doors in the weather conditions specific to the
2. Working around moving objects or vehicles
3. Working with others
4. Assuming responsibility of others
5. Performing complex job functions, often under very demanding
6. Working irregular or extended work hours
7. Work conditions that result in irregular eating and sleeping patterns
8. Working under considerable job stress
9. Performing job tasks requiring attention to detail
For a copy of an application please see the link below. Applications can also be picked up at the Baldwin Police Department.
Applications can be dropped off or mailed to the Baldwin Police Department at:
155 Willingham Ave.
Baldwin, Ga. 30511
You may also E-Mail your application to: