The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia’s college . We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high- impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university’s vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Oversees and coordinates work activities of cleaning personnel. Performs housekeeping and janitorial duties to maintain assigned offices, restrooms, public areas and/or residence buildings. May oversee a staff and assist with minor repairs.
1. Cleans assigned buildings including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, collecting trash and wiping waste and recycling receptacles, etc.
2. Uses required safety and protective equipment
3. Waxes and refinishes floors, and shampoos carpets
4. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, showers, and locker rooms and replenishes paper towels and soap dispensers
5. Collects, launders, and dries mop heads and cleaning rags
6. Inspects equipment to determine need for new parts, repairs, overhaul, or replacements
7. Delivers supplies to assigned buildings and accesses online work orders and event requirements
8. Collects and delivers special events equipment and performs setups and take downs
9. Operates KSU vehicles and equipment (i.e. Gator, golf carts, box trucks, and vans)
10. Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate strength
11. Assists in training staff
12. Oversees staff in assigned area(s)
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Mechanical and/or technical knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Able to lead a small team of workers
• Follows established routine and performs cleaning as instructed
• Mechanical and technical knowledge as it relates to the position
• Knowledge of proper and safe use of all custodial equipment and chemicals
• Knowledge of Materials Safety Data Sheets and Personal Protective Equipment, and awareness of safety protocols
• Knowledge of extraction, stripping, and refinishing floors
• Able to read and use diagrams and design layouts to set up for events
• Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
• Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
• Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
• Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.