The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
Atlanta Regional Commission is seeking to hire an experienced, forward thinking, and innovative Chief Information and Technology Officer (CITO). This position will report directly to the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for providing strategic and operational support at the enterprise level, overseeing IT infrastructure architecture design and IT operational effectiveness; The successful candidate will also be responsible for the design and implementation of agency-wide data workflows and performance management systems; and will lead the development of KPIs and operational dashboards. Additionally, the CITO will design technology strategy and roadmap to address current and future business needs through leveraging internal and external partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as strategist and visionary for the deployment of comprehensive data and IT solutions;
- Provides decision support to relevant stakeholders through strategic data analysis;
- Designs data workflows for operational efficiency
- Designs and implement performance management systems and operational dashboards at enterprise level
- Works closely with teams at every level to plan and implement strategies to support Data and IT governance, accountability, evaluation, and enterprise application needs;
- Identifies and incorporates “best-in-class” strategies for utilizing data, information, and research to help guide planning and improve organizational performance;
- Leverages data information resources and brokers staff expertise to identify, review, and recommend solutions that drive operational efficiency;
- Reviews and recommends changes to policies, procedures, processes, and operating guidelines within assigned responsibilities;
- Maximizes efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and inter-collaboration;
- Maintains and enhance collaborative relationships and partnerships with external vendors and Data/IT leaders to align the Agency’s infrastructure and business priorities;
- Maintains an operational environment that is efficient (standards), strategic (architecture), and secure (business continuity and security);
- Oversees the IT security function to ensure the appropriate security tools and processes are properly deployed and effectively monitored to ensure data integrity, prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information and maintain robust redundancy measures;
- Oversees disaster recovery procedures to assure business continuity for central and distributed systems and services;
- Oversees the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) within the agency to ensure optimal performance;
- Propose and manage high-level data and technology innovation projects, budgets for programs, purchases, and upgrades to equipment and systems;
- Works closely with executive leadership to create scalable and automated processes using software applications as appropriate;
- Advises on policy and investment decisions related to data management and technology.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to develop data strategy and model for Agency;
- CRM experience/expertise and the ability to formulate a data-sharing environment;
- Knowledge of technology environments, including infrastructure, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops;
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to data and technology issues;
- Strong Project Management and Program Management skills;
- Ability to develop and support IT Governance processes;
- Excellent communication, organizational, facilitation and analytical skills;
- Innovative and self-motivated, with technical, financial, and budgeting skills;
- Sound and ethical guidance to leadership;
- Ability to develop a team that is highly competent, business-minded, growth-oriented, diverse, and inclusive, and motivated;
- Ability to work in collaboration with all levels of staff within the agency;
- Attention to detail and sound ethical practice;
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style, and become a sought-out Data/IT solution partner;
- Ability to manage and direct a team; ability to supervise, counsel and mediate; ability to persuade, convince, influence and train others;
- Ability to maintain discretion and highest professional standards while working with confidential information;
- Passion for driving and delivering results to provide valuable performance analysis and reporting on a timely basis to help facilitate decision-making;
- Creative thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the agency, and achieves consensus via excellent interpersonal skills;
- Directing staff, delegating tasks and authority, and coaching to improve staff performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, GIS, or related field
- 10+ years of professional Data Analytics, IT experience
- 6+ years of leadership experience at an executive level
- Experience in leading implementation and maintenance of performance management systems
- Experience in developing performance metrics and dashboards at enterprise level
- Experience in managing enterprise IT systems and data
- Experience working with, and presenting to, Advisory Board and Leadership Team
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The target salary range for this position is $190,000-$205,000 (No SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary). ARC offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick leave, up to 4 weeks of annual leave per year, and defined benefit pension and contribution retirement plan.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
ARC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability in employment or the provision of services.