The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Fincher Denmark LLC
Fincher Denmark is seeking a Litigation Attorney to join our established rapidly growing law firm. This role is a perfect fit for an experienced litigation attorney who is interested in joining an established Local Government law firm with a host of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and 401K Plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Represent clients in all phases of litigation from initiation, to expert discovery, through trial and appeal
• Attend court appearances, hearings, depositions and case management conferences
• Conduct complex legal research and discovery investigations
• Draft and manage discovery requests and responses, motions, case evaluation summaries, court orders, settlement agreements, affidavits, pleadings, motions, and legal memorandum.
• Review discovery responses, depositions and prepare summaries and litigation update reports
• Negotiate with opposing counsel to settle claims
• Communicate closely with clients during the course of litigation to provide legal analysis, status reports and advice
• Conduct administrative employment hearings
• Work with minimal supervision
Skills and Qualifications:
• Juris Doctor from an accredited college or university
• Active Georgia Bar License
• Excellent litigation skills
• Actively practicing law for at least three (3) years
• Must foster and maintain cohesive business relationships
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
• Must exercise sound judgment
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Staff attorney and/or judicial clerkship experience preferred
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to prioritize, have a high level of organizational skills and possess a strong work ethic. This is truly a team environment and your legal knowledge, skills and reliability will be rewarded here! Employees are offered a generous benefits package and work with a great team.