The City of Milton is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as the Outdoor Recreation Supervisor.
The Outdoor Recreation Supervisor develops and implements programs and initiatives that engage, involve, and connect Milton citizens to our parks, trails, and greenspaces. In addition to creating and running outdoor programming, the Outdoor Recreation Supervisor will help maintain, showcase, and enhance Milton’s outside spaces/trails to ensure the best experience for visitors.
- Manages youth and adult passive programming in City parks and greenspaces;
- Creates and secures new programs to provide unique outdoor experiences. Examples include:
- Junior Rangers
- Trail Ambassadors
- Eagle Scouts/Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts
- Guided hikes and paddles
- Astronomy, birding, fishing experiences
- Citizen science programs
- Performs routine checks on the health of the trails and greenspaces, and works closely with Parks & Recreation Director and contractors to maintain and improve Milton’s park areas
- Supports/encourages visitor safety at the various active and passive parks within the city
- Oversees/assists with stewardship events like Arbor Day, Earth Day, and Rivers Alive and coordinates national programs such as Adopt-A-Stream and Leave No Trace
- Works with the Community Outreach Manager to engage the local community to organize volunteer projects that enhance Milton’s parks and trails
- Develop and implement exciting and engaging new opportunities to explore nature through active outdoor recreation, adventure, team/character development, and experiential learning
- Acts as a City representative on the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board, Trails Committee and provides input for other City groups and stakeholders
- Supports the outdoor recreation industry and establishes relationships with local businesses to promote use of the parks and greenspaces
- Promotes the physical and mental health of the residents and community
- Provides support to other Parks and Recreation programs and rentals, and includes other duties related to outdoor engagement and stewardship
- Identify grant opportunities that enhance the outdoor experiences for our residents
Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Outdoor Recreation Management, or related field preferred. Two years’ experience in the Outdoor Recreation, Park Ranger field or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: Annual salary starting at $70,653 depending on qualifications, full-time, non-exempt, with excellent benefits.
How to Apply:
Please provide a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more visit miltonga.gov/careers.
TEAM MILTON is committed to an environment that nurtures understanding across differences, training, mentoring and provides a workplace where all staff feel welcome and valued. We are an equal opportunity employer.