CITY OF RINGGOLD, GEORGIA
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE: Parks and Recreation Laborer
REPORTS TO: City Manager
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB:
Performs work in the general cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the City’s buildings and grounds.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs custodial duties which include cleaning park grounds, ball fields, rest rooms, kitchen areas, vacuum carpets, scrub and wax floors, dusts, wash windows and performs other miscellaneous custodial duties associated with maintaining clean buildings and facilities
- Empties trash containers, sweeps parking lots, and exterior walkways
- Maintains inventory of all supplies required to perform the duties of the position
- Repairs, installs, and/or assembles small appliances and equipment as required
- May run a variety of miscellaneous errands including pick-up and delivery of supplies, equipment, and other associated maintenance items
- Maintains multiple facilities to include marking, fencing, cutting, and various other maintenance of parks
- Performs various duties in landscaping to include but not limited to plants, trims, rakes, digs, edging and removal of weeds
- Prepare park facilities for special events; sets up chairs, tables, booths, stages, and tents
- Performs construction type work; painting, repairing, or other duties associated with building maintenance
- Maintains power tools and equipment, checks oil, cleans air filters, mixes fuel, replaces spark plugs, and changes weed eater heads
- Operates motorized equipment to include riding mowers, tractors, grooming machines, turf tricksters, pick-up trucks with or without a trailer, and other associated equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Performs traffic control setup for work sites
- Responds to after hour emergencies as required
- Performs curb and street sweeping after hours as required
- Work with and around the general public in a professional manner
Material and Equipment Used:
Small Hand Tools, General Cleaning Supplies, Ground Maintenance Equipment,
Repair Equipment, Installation Equipment, Building Maintenance Equipment,
Vehicle with or without a trailer
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Education and Experience: No prior experience or training is required; or any combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- License and Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of: Cleaning techniques, equipment, and compounds and their proper uses; safe operating procedures for motorized equipment and tools; basic repair and maintenance for general equipment used in building and grounds maintenance.
- Skill in: Safety operating machines; and maintaining equipment.
- Mental and Physical Abilities to: Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos; apply general understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions; while performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, able to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Working Conditions: While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals; the working conditions are typically moderately quiet; however, working conditions may become loud, at times. The employee must be able to work in inclement weather and will be used in other public work departments as needed.
- City Events: The employee must be flexible and able to work various City events throughout the year such as but not limited to: Clean Catoosa, 1890’s Days, Haunted Depot, and the Christmas parade.