The City of Roberta Police Department is seeking Full Time, Certified Police Officers. Roberta is a small town with a population of approximately 1,200 residents, day time population of approximately 3,000 people, and is located in Crawford County.
- Must have a Georgia P.O.S.T. certification.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education or GED.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of a field training program or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.
• Salary (2184 hrs per yr X $17.00) $37,128.00
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance $8,952.00
- 112 hours paid Holiday Time per year $1,904.00
- Yearly Pay and Benefits $47,984.00
- 12 hour shifts, every other weekend off.
- Paid Sick Leave, accrued @ 8 hours per pay period.
- 3% pay raise on yearly anniversary date.
- GMA retirement, employer paid, (vested in 5 years).
- Take Home Vehicle (30-mile radius).
- Facial hair allowed within policy regulations
- Lenient Tattoo policy regulations
- State of the Art Equipment: MDT’s & Driver License Scanners, Radars & Lasers, Axon Fleet Cameras/Axon Body Cams, Axon Taser 7’s, Body Armor.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED AT: 123 E AGENCY STREET, ROBERTA, GA 31078, BETWEEN 9AM/5PM. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 478-836-3119.
The City of Roberta does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran/military status and other statuses protected by Federal or State laws. The city of Roberta is a DRUG FREE workplace